Please review the below policies and procedures that apply to your event.
NOTE: Policies and Procedures shown below are subject to change by the time your event happens. The Dubois Center event staff will be in communication if changes occur and the policies below will be updated.
Client will follow all reasonable instructions provided by the Division of Academic Affairs and any other University departments regarding use of the space, including but not limited to instructions regarding parking, storage of materials, ingress and egress, and appropriate times, places, and conduct for the use of the space. Client further agrees to follow and adhere to all University policies, including but not limited to University Policies 601.6, Scheduling University Facilities. All portions of the sidewalks, entries, doors, passengers, vestibules, halls, corridors, stairways, passageways and all ways of access to public utilities shall be kept unobstructed by Client. Failure to follow instructions or University Policy will result in the termination of Client’s right to use University Facilities and may result in referral to the Office of Student Conduct, Human Resources Office or University Police.
UNC Charlotte operates its facilities in compliance with the laws of the State of North Carolina and local laws and regulations. Failure to comply or enforce such laws will result in loss of privilege to utilize University facilities.
- Room assigned may be different than that requested and that some requested dates may not be available.
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City reserves the right to substitute space or move a group when necessary to best meet the needs of all users. Event approval is based on the original request and is not guaranteed should the nature or the requirements of the event change. The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City reserves the right to cancel or move event to campus if necessary.
- All reservations must be requested at least 3 weeks before the event date.
- Fees include, but are not limited to, rental, parking, audio/visual and police/security.
- In addition to service fees, charges may be assessed for miscellaneous meeting equipment and services such as markers, flip charts, installation of specialized software, photocopy service, etc.
- Users agree to abide by all guidelines set forth by The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City, the University, and the facility used and take responsibility for the use of space reserved, physically, and financially.
- A non-refundable deposit in the amount equal to 50% of the total estimated rental charges, a signed contract and a certificate of insurance are required within 2 weeks of written confirmation from the Center City Events Staff.
- A reservation will automatically drop should the deposit, certificate of insurance and signed contract not be received within 2 weeks.
- Clients will be billed the balance after the event, and payment must be received within 14 days.
- Payments not received within 14 days will be assessed a late fee of 1 ½ % per month.
- The Events Staff must receive in writing any plans to cancel all confirmed events. Canceled events will be assessed a cancellation fee based on the scale below.
Date of Cancellation Percentage Owed
31 days or more prior to event 50% of rental fee
30 days or less prior to event 75% of rental fee
- Departments will be billed following the event for the full amount through an interdepartmental invoice. Departments must provide a fund number for billing purposes at the bottom of this contract.
- Events are considered department events only if the Department pays for all expenses including rental fees, service fees, parking, AV/tech support and catering with a fund number.
- The lecture hall and classrooms are equipped with a smart podium (computer, screen, projector, and microphone). Guests may visit the lobby desk to receive a guest username and password to login to the computer.
- The auditorium requires an AV technician to support the projector, screen, microphones, audio and visual equipment. Please arrange your AV needs by contacting email@example.com
- All technical support and installs must be requested two weeks in advance.
- All food & beverage served at CC must be purchased through the official University catering company, Chartwells Dining Services. No food or beverage may be brought into the event by or through any other source.
- Catering orders must be placed at least two weeks before the event date.
- CC Events Staff will connect each client with Chartwells. If necessary, a meeting will be arranged between Chartwells, the client and CC Events Staff to discuss food and beverage needs.
- Payment for catering: Chartwells will directly invoice client.
- For more information and menu, please visit our catering page.
- Non-Student Minor: A person under the age of eighteen (18) who is not enrolled or accepted for enrollment at the University. The term “Non-Student Minors” does not include students who are “dually enrolled” in University programs while also enrolled in primary or secondary schools, or students enrolled in an early college high school affiliated with the University.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times, including when walking in hallways or to and from the restroom.
- Click here to review the Minors on Campus Policy.
- The service of alcohol on The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City premises must comply with University Policy 706 as well as county and state laws governing alcoholic beverages.
- All alcoholic beverages must be served by Chartwells Catering bartenders. Client must purchase, arrange delivery and pick up of alcohol. Chartwells does not provide, deliver or pick up alcohol.
- Only Beer or Unfortified Wine may be served. External clients are not permitted to serve Spirituous Liquor, Fortified Wine, or Mixed Beverages.
- No Sale of any alcoholic beverage is permitted. The NC ABC Board considers charging admission, registration, requiring donations or selling tickets to be a sale.
- CC staff and/or catering staff reserve the right to deny alcohol service to anyone.
- Events serving alcohol must be by invitation only and not open to the public.
- The Events Staff will arrange all room set-ups with The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City Building Services staff.
- Room set-ups must be finalized within one week of the scheduled event. Minor changes or adjustments to room set-ups may be made up to 2 business days prior to the scheduled event with approval of the Events Manager.
- The 11 flat classrooms on the 8th, 9th and 11th floors can be arranged in different configurations to accommodate various types of meetings or events. However, most classrooms have academic classes Monday-Thursday evening so a different setup might not be available. Each room has a standard configuration; a special setup is charged at a different rate. Changes to multiple rooms per event may not be possible due to our building’s limited storage (Classrooms Guide).
- Exits, fire alarms/extinguishers, aisles, corridors, hallways and staircases may not be obstructed.
- You may hire a band for your event in the atrium with approval from the event manager.
- All amplified sound must meet the City of Charlotte’s noise ordinance. (The current Ordinance states that it is unlawful to operate or allow the operation of any sound amplification equipment so as to create sounds registering more than sixty-five (65) db (A) between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., or fifty (50)db (A) between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.).
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City reserves the right to lower the volume or stop the music at its discretion.
Client further agrees that no advertisement or other public statement made by Client or its agents in connection with the Agreement, in any manner or medium, shall assert or imply that University supports, approves or endorses any product, service, interest, position, or ideology of Client. Client may not make use of the University’s name or any of the University’s trade or service marks, in advertising or otherwise, without prior written consent of the University.
- The lobby, hallways and lounges are open to student, faculty and staff traffic during regular building hours and often at other times.
- Any client reserving the space must be the same client that will utilize the facility for the originally stated purpose.
- The client is responsible for any and all damages to the building and its furnishings caused by the client, its employees, agents, contractors, or guests.
- No posters, charts, signs, decorations or other items are allowed to be attached to walls, doors, pillars, stairways or hung from ceilings of The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City without prior approval from the Events Manager. Please, no balloons inside The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City.
- No animals are allowed inside or on The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City grounds except in accordance with University Policy 704.
- No reprimand should be given to any catering employee or The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City staff by the client or guests. Please direct all complaints or suggestions to the on-site catering manager or the Events Staff.
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City is not responsible for damages and/or injury to persons caused by a client’s arrangement with florists, bands or musicians, rental agencies or other outside contractors.
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City is not responsible for stolen or lost items.
- No smoking is permitted inside The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City or on University property within 100 linear feet outside The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City (See University Policy 707).
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City is not responsible for disturbances during the event from inside or outside The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City.
- Candles must be enclosed in glass. No open flames are allowed inside The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City or anywhere on University property. The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City must pre-approve any use of candles.
- The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City reserves the right to reassign a space or move a user to another area when it is
- Decorations must be removed immediately following an event.
- The Events Staff will oversee the correct set-up of the rooms. No furnishings, tables or chairs may be moved by anyone other than The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City staff.
- No changes to room configurations will be made without the Events Manager’s consent.
- The client is responsible for making sure attendees comply with any emergency evacuation. Anyone hearing a fire alarm should immediately evacuate to the parking lot at 300 E. 9th Street between The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City and the light rail. Mobility impaired individuals on upper floors should proceed to the nearest stairwell for assistance by emergency response personnel (Link to The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City Evacuation Plan)..